Share Intro to PWE Workflow Video
Hello, and welcome to CMPRO’s series of training videos.
In this video, we will introduce some of the most popular aspects of CMPRO’s workflow capabilities using a typical workflow-enabled form as our reference. For more specific details regarding CMPRO’s workflow-related functionality, please consult CMPRO’s User’s Guide. A direct link is provided in the upper right corner of every CMPRO screen.
One of the most powerful features in CMPRO is electronic form workflow.
- Workflow refers to CMPRO’s ability to route CMPRO-based electronic forms to individuals, allowing the form to obtain reviews, approvals and/or sign-offs, as necessary.
- Although the terms “workflow form” and “workflow-enabled form” may be used interchangeably, the more common terminology used is simply “workflow form.”
- In addition, the terms “form,” “item” and “record” are used interchangeably in relation to workflow.
All workflow forms in CMPRO have the same general layout.
- The left pane contains links for performing functions and for viewing additional information about the form, and are available on most workflow-enabled detail screens.
- The Options section contains functions unique to the particular form.
- The Workflow Actions / Info section is where most of the action surrounding a workflow item takes place.
- The links in this section (Submit, Reassign, Return, etc.) relate directly to the workflow actions of the form as it moves along in the review process.
- The available workflow actions can be performed by the current owner of the record or by users with the appropriate module permissions for the current step.
- In all cases, workflow actions can also be performed by an Administrator.
Specific to the PWE workflow, a record is submitted to the next step in the process.
- An e-mail notification will be sent to the user selected for the next step on the route letting them know this record is ready to be reviewed, and is now in their queue.
- Although the Workflow Actions section on a workflow-enabled form is the same from one record to another, the actions available to the record’s owner at any given step may vary. For instance, the user might have permissions to reassign the record to another user with sign-off permissions, return it to the previous owner or submit the record to a user on the subsequent step.
- These fields indicate the workflow route for this record and the process and step on which the record currently resides.
Specific to each step are instructions that display in the Current Step Instructions section, located in the top right pane.
The Polls feature provides a way to gather responses from collections of specific CMPRO users in connection with a workflow form at a defined step during its review. Polls add structure to the gathering of responses about forms and make reviewing all associated discussions straightforward and consistent. For more detail on Polls, please refer to CMPRO User’s Guide and related videos.
The Comments / Messages / Logs section is a type of communication center.
- Highlighted is the Send CMPRO Message link, which allows a user to generate an internal message to one or more other users in CMPRO.
- An e-mail notification is sent to the recipient informing them they have received a CMPRO message.
- A link to the record is provided in the e-mail. The recipient can view the workflow form, using the link, and reply to provide desired feedback.
- The message notification is displayed on the record and remains displayed until the recipient acknowledges or responds.
- You can also log a comment to the current record, as well as view the comments and transaction history of the record. This includes any comments and voting history from related polls.
- All changes made to a workflow-enabled form from both an administrative and general-user perspective are recorded in the System Comments Log and are displayed chronologically, in real time.
The Additional Data section contains a number of features common to most workflow-enabled forms in CMPRO.
- The links in this section, as in others, are part of the overall CMPRO framework.
- You may utilize only a few links initially, but you should discover the benefit of utilizing additional links as you become more familiar with the PWE route process.
The last section we will consider in the left pane is the Additional Options section, which offers many useful utilities for working with workflow forms in general.
For more detail on these and other workflow actions, please view related videos, and follow the path shown here to view the Workflow Actions book in CMPRO User’s Guide.
And thank you for watching.